What Is It?
Tooth whitening lightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. Most dentists perform tooth whitening.
Whitening is not a one-time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain the brighter color.
Every day, a thin coating (pellicle) forms on the enamel and picks up stains. Tooth enamel also contains pores that can hold stains.
Why would I need my teeth whitened?
There are a number of reasons why you might get your teeth whitened. Everyone is different; and just as our hair and skin colour vary, so do our teeth. Very few people have brilliant-white teeth, and our teeth can also become more discoloured as we get older.
Your teeth can also be stained on the surface by food and drinks such as tea, coffee, red wine and blackcurrant. Smoking can also stain teeth.
The most common reasons for teeth to get yellow or stained are:
• Using tobacco
• Drinking dark-colored liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
• Not taking good care of your teeth
Aging also makes teeth less bright as the enamel gets thinner and the dentin becomes darker.
Recommend the following tips to take care of your teeth:
• brush your teeth last thing at night and at least one other time during the day, with a fluoride toothpaste
• cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks
• visit your dental team regularly, as often as they recommend.
Download now Teeth Whitening Guide and Tips!
To beautiful teeth!